ALS News Today Forums Forums In Loving Memory I would like to remember those in my family who have lost their battle with ALS

• Amanda

April 19, 2022 at 10:13 am

John,

I’m so sorry for all of your losses.  ALS is devastating, and it looks like your family may have a genetic predisposition.  That also carries a heavy weight to bear.  You have my deepest condolences.

Amanda

• Dagmar

April 19, 2022 at 11:12 am

I’m so sorry for your loss, John. We appreciate you joining us here on the forums.

• john-addy

April 21, 2022 at 7:46 pm

Thank you Amanda

• john-addy

April 21, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Thank you Dagmar

• bill1949

April 19, 2022 at 5:45 pm

My dad’s birthday is this week. He died from FTD with MND 20 years ago. My brother Kevin died 3 years ago from MSA another MND. They are long past the suffering of our family of MND’s. Their memories remain.

• Amanda

April 20, 2022 at 11:33 am

Bill, that is a lot of loss! I am so sorry.  Do you have favorite memories that you could share of each of them?  Sometimes when I miss my father, I try to think of something he did that always made me laugh or smile.  I hope that you have a lot of fond memories to hold on to.

• lisa-brown

April 22, 2022 at 8:20 am

Sorry for your loss. Please follow this link and have their names printed on flags to be flying in NYC Times Square.

https://iamals.org/action/show-als-can-impact-anyone-at-any-age/

Please everyone impacted by als follow that link for more publicity to help our fight.

• Amanda

April 25, 2022 at 7:12 am

Lisa,

What a wonderful idea and thank you so much for sharing.  I posted this on my FB page!!  Definitely add this to the ALS Awareness Month forum if you haven’t already!!!

Amanda

• marcelyn-k-harness

May 4, 2022 at 8:25 pm

I would also like to remember those in my family, Bill Harness, and Angela Harness Cline. They did nothing to deserve being afflicted with ALS. This disease came out of nowhere but apparently it is in our family and I hope and pray that the disease leaves other family members alone, as we have already lost so much. We have photos, we have memories, but those are hardly a substitute. This disease is so unfair and unforgiving. We miss them both.