• Posted by Amanda on December 2, 2021 at 6:46 am

On 11/26, WHO stated, “On 26 November 2021, WHO designated the variant B.1.1.529 a variant of concern, named Omicron, on the advice of WHO’s Technical Advisory Group on Virus Evolution (TAG-VE). This decision was based on the evidence presented to the TAG-VE that Omicron has several mutations that may have an impact on how it behaves, for example, on how easily it spreads or the severity of illness it causes.”

After a long two year, and still going pandemic, how are you responding to Omicron variant? Will you or your family take safety precautions? If so, what will they be?

max-parker replied 2 years, 2 months ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • marianne-opilla

December 2, 2021 at 2:00 pm

I currently have COVID, so does my husband.  We are both vaccinated + booster. We go nowhere but he goes to grocery store.  My helper tested negative. So, it’s still out there.  Wear masks, Wash hands.

ALS and covid is no fun.  So much mucus and air hunger.   Thank goodness for my cough assist and suction.

Take care.

• Amanda

January 5, 2022 at 7:48 am

Marianne,

How are you and your husband doing now? Thinking of you both.

Amanda

• kathy-stitz

December 2, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Marianne, best wishes to you and your husband.

• jim-conner

December 3, 2021 at 11:41 am

Had covid, kicked its ass. Got the shots and I don’t do anything else. How can a disease that has a very small chance of hurting me, be scarier or more threatening than one that is 100% gonna kill me? I will not live my life in fear or cowering. The days I have left will NOT be spent shrinking from life.

Lions not sheep.

• Dagmar

January 4, 2022 at 12:05 pm

Happy 2022 everyone! And… omicron is still surging. It’s here, but hasn’t made a bad hit in our region of the US (southern Arizona) yet…but I’m still being super careful.

Have decided to go back to wearing double masks. And hoping all my vaccines and booster will help shield me from the worst.

Meanwhile, I’m stuck at home – – and will double-down on my exercise program, declutter my closet, answer emails, and practice lots of deep breathing. 🙂

• Amanda

January 5, 2022 at 7:30 am

Covid is taking an uptick here in Florida – at least in the school district I work in. There are a lot of students and staff out yet again. From what I’ve heard on the news and what I have read, this latest variant isn’t as dangerous as previous ones. That’s good for now! I’ve lost several friends and several acquaintances to Covid. We’ve even had a couple of students in our school district die from Covid.

• Amanda

January 5, 2022 at 7:34 am

Members – Please understand that this forum topic is not intended to compare Covid to ALS. It is not intended to say that Covid is worse or scarier than ALS. It is a place to discuss how Covid may impact pALS or our families and/or what are we doing differently if anything. Clearly the pandemic has had a negative impact on research, doctors appointments, and society.

• bill1949

January 6, 2022 at 5:54 pm

My wife and I have had  vaccine and boosters. We really don’t restrict where we go out. If going somewhere around  lots of people we have brought back our masks.  We don’t closely socialize with those unvaccinated.

• max-parker

January 18, 2022 at 2:26 am

I don’t understand how Omicron spreads so quickly…