ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices ALS Awareness Month Increase awareness of ALS by getting a temporary tattoo (oh my!)

• Increase awareness of ALS by getting a temporary tattoo (oh my!)

Posted by Dagmar on April 28, 2023 at 4:54 pm

Here is another fun way to participate in ALS Awareness Month – – by wearing a temporary tattoo that says, “#InkedforALS.” I’ve been participating for the past 3 years – – it’s fun, easy to do, and it’s free.

Here’s the scoop: During ALS Awareness Month, Amylyx Pharmaceuticals has a campaign where they will send you a free temporary tattoo. They encourage you to wear it when you’re out and about plus, snap a photo of your tattoo to upload to their website photo gallery. This year they’re even offering a free filter that you can add to your profile photo on Instagram. For every tattoo ordered, Amylyx will donate money to these ALS advocacy organizations in the United States:

ALS Association, CCALS, Les Turner Foundation, MDA, Team Gleason, and ALS Hope

Visit INKEDforALS.com to learn more about this fun initiative and to show your support. I hope to “see” your photo soon!

Dagmar replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Amanda

May 2, 2023 at 10:53 am

I ordered mine and put the information on my FB page. A lot of my friends are in on this one!! Pictures coming when we do!

• Dagmar

May 2, 2023 at 4:39 pm

Amanda – – yay! I’ll look for the photo on FB 🙂

• John McCormack

May 2, 2023 at 2:39 pm

I got mine at The Walk to Defeat ALS in Mankato Minnesota last Saturday. AMYLYX was there inking everyone.

• Dagmar

May 2, 2023 at 4:40 pm

Wow, that is great!

• Edith Degregorio

May 3, 2023 at 3:03 pm

I am not a pALS, But my son in law was. Sadly he passed last December after a courageous and inspirational battle. Before he was diagnosed he had just started a lucrative job at amylyx in Boston. He was just getting going when the unthinkable happened. He worked there a couple months with the leg brace on before disclosing his dx. Amylyx kept him on board until he became immobile and he and my son had to move to a big accessible house an hour away. But again amylyx to their credit and Austen’s desire to continue working, he worked from home. How ironic that he worked there and was dx with ALS. At his memorial 2 weeks ago his boss came and spoke so highly of Austen’s work ethic and the wonderful man he was. I will get a tattoo in Austen’s honor asap. Thanks for the info.

• Alan Larrivee

May 12, 2023 at 3:14 pm

I ordered some for my family. Soon friends were asking for them and then friends of friends. I’ve reordered three times so far.

• Dagmar

May 16, 2023 at 11:58 am

That is wonderful Alan! Thank you for helping to raise ALS awareness!