ALS News Today Forums Forums In Loving Memory The love of my life ( Kenneth E Steadham)

• The love of my life ( Kenneth E Steadham)

Posted by shannon-halstead on February 4, 2023 at 6:06 pm

My best friend and the love of my life passed away Tuesday morning Jan31st at 6:25 a.m.  I have an amazing guardian angel now. He passed away due to complications of ALS.  He suffered for hours trying to breath. My computer skills are very limited, especially with this page. We live in Daleville,Al. I want to thank Hospice and this page for being so kind. There’s so much I want to say. But If I can reach out to at least one person that is going through this awful disease is PLEASE learn about the Trilogy Ventilator machines. It’s unfortunate that the hospice and the medical equipment people around here has no idea about the trilogy machines. They don’t even know how to program or even read them.  So please find someone that has experience such as a respiratory therapist that will come out and explain the machine and that one is on call in your area that is able to come out as needed.  I love you, Kenneth Earle. Forever and always. I’m sorry that I couldn’t help you breath better at the end. With all my love and god bless each and everyone of you on this site. Thank you… Sincerely, Shannon

maggie-broeren replied 1 year, 1 month ago 11 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Dagmar

February 7, 2023 at 1:55 pm

Shannon, I am so sorry to learn of the loss of Kenneth. On behalf of all our forum members, we share in your sorrow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. May Kennith rest in peace.

• Charles Sutherland & Doris Sutherland (caregiver)

February 8, 2023 at 12:12 am

So sorry about your loss. ALS is a terrible disease. I totally agree. The devices are so very important to aid in a better quality of life. I’m the caretaker for my husband. I have learned how to operate his trilogy machine. He uses it every night. I watch him breathing. This machine gives me a kind peace, and him a better nights rest. There are other devices that  I will learn how to operate as time go on. And I will keep your words about how important it is to ensure our loves ones are cared for. You have my prayers.

• kathywinter

February 7, 2023 at 2:17 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. And I am sorry you had to experience his struggle. This is a nasty disease with a very difficult path. I pray Gods peace to you and your family!

• debra-kaufman

February 7, 2023 at 2:27 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself and may his memory be a blessing.

• matt-ashley

February 7, 2023 at 2:29 pm

Shannon,

I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband. I’m sure that God has him in his hands. My prayers go out to you and your family.

• maggie-broeren

February 7, 2023 at 2:51 pm

I am glad you have a faith perspective. My prayer for you is that the happiest memories of your time together replace all the horror of memories of ALS.

Maggie B

Milwaukee, WI

• gail-a

February 7, 2023 at 2:54 pm

Shannon, My heart breaks for the  loss of your dear Kenneth and the feelings of grief  and sadness you must feel. Your devotion to him must have been comforting to him and a comfort to you now. You and your family are in our prayers.

Gail

• dick-fitzpatrick

February 7, 2023 at 3:50 pm

Prayers sent

• lawcarol

February 7, 2023 at 3:55 pm

I’m so sorry. But I had respiratory therapy and Trilogy for 6 months and had to give it back. There was no pulmonologist so no one could adjust it; I think due to covid.

Carol, St. Paul, Minnesota

• cindy-cox

February 7, 2023 at 6:43 pm

Shannon ~ Words cannot express the pain you are feeling right now! You’ve lost your right/left arm, your friend and your lover! I’m so sorry for your loss and am afraid that I’m going to have to go thru the same thing with my husband when I lose him to ALS! I’m not sure that I’ll be able to let him go, but I’ll have no choice! I don’t know what I’ll do, which is what you have to be feeling too! Don’t blame yourself for anything! You did the best you could, with what tools you had! ALS sucks! I’m praying for you and your family! Best to all of you! Rest in peace Kenneth!

• maggie-broeren

February 9, 2023 at 2:23 pm

Please accept my condolences. Your advice regarding the trilogy is right on. The two times I was hospitalized we had to sign a waiver to use it.

All my best to you as your grieve your loved one.