• Virtual Meeting

Posted by Amanda on May 5, 2021 at 7:16 pm

Who is interested in attending the virtual get together? I’m excited to “meet” our members.  This is the first time Dagmar and I get to host a gathering for our community.  We definitely know that some of our members have difficulty speaking because of ALS and we are encouraging people to also use the chat box if they prefer. If you don’t want to post a comment, than of course we will take our time and make sure everyone is heard.  I’m just curious what to expect for the meeting. Do you like this idea?

James A Gans replied 2 years, 8 months ago 11 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Dagmar

May 6, 2021 at 5:11 pm

Yes, this is exciting news here in the forum. To read what’s happening on May 12th go to this post:https://alsnewstoday.com/forums/forums/topic/als-awareness-month-forum-member-zoom-call/

We hope you will join us!

And like Amanda said, don’t worry about your ability to speak – – I’d love to “see” you and wave to you. Besides, my speech isn’t the best either… but I’ll try. (and there’s always the Chat Box to type your comments)

Any discussion suggestions? Or, leave it up to Amanda & me, and our creative minds 🙂 🙂

ALS Awareness Month: Forum Member Zoom Call

• Cheryl Teribury

July 24, 2021 at 11:36 am

Hi Amanda,

Have you started these virtual meetings?  I would like to participate.

Cheryl

• Dagmar

July 24, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Hi Cheryl, It’s great to read that you are interested in virtual meetings. This is something Amanda and I tried during May (ALS Awareness Month). But, it was a one-time event 🙁 Hopefully, we’ll be holding another one again in the future – – and we’ll definitely let you know when, so you can join us 🙂

• David Crellin

July 24, 2021 at 3:42 pm

A little request from the UK and other European countries: if you’re OK with day-time meetings then the time difference (ET+5 for me) means I don’t have to stay up too late.

• Ann Thomson

July 28, 2021 at 4:53 pm

I would love it if you had a virtual meeting. I’m a cALS to my husband Jim who is completely nonverbal and can’t move.

• Dagmar

July 28, 2021 at 4:57 pm

Wow – – it’s great that we’re gaining interest in setting up a virtual (online/Zoom) meeting of our members!

How about some more input and suggestions as to what time of day/night is best for you? What’s your time zone and hours of availability?

Thanks!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 29, 2021 at 11:56 am

Time is tricky. A few of the Zoom meetings I have been in have people from India, which is way ahead of the USA timewise. It is the middle of the night there at 8pm EST here.

• Amanda

July 29, 2021 at 2:42 pm

What would be a good time for you?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
        August 3, 2021 at 8:26 am

Midweek, usually 7-9pm  EST

• Kathleen B (Katie)

July 30, 2021 at 12:45 pm

I’m a recent Forums join–interested in the Virtual meeting idea too–best time for me is in the 10am-3pm time range– Eastern (Daylight savings) Time Zone of the United States.

• Amanda

July 30, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Could the forum members interested let us know what time zone you are in, please. That may help Dagmar and I narrow down some options. We know it may be difficult to work around everyone’s schedule, but we will do our best to include as many members as we can.

• James Bonner

August 3, 2021 at 2:22 pm

CDT

• Bill

August 3, 2021 at 3:30 pm

I’m EST here and would try to join. I’m terrible at remembering the monthly zoom meeting the ALS has here in SwFL.

• Susan guarcello

August 3, 2021 at 4:19 pm

I would be interested in a zoom meeting. I’m pretty flexible with time I’m   In eastern time zone.

• Susan guarcello

August 3, 2021 at 4:30 pm

Bill, I live in SWFL. I will be joining the North Port meeting at the end of the month. Is that the one ou are referring to?

• Amanda

August 4, 2021 at 11:59 am

Susan, I’m in SWFL als0 🙂

• Susan guarcello

August 5, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Amanda, i am so happy to hear i have a friend nearby. I hope i can call you friend. Thank you

• James A Gans

August 5, 2021 at 4:45 pm

I am interested in attending a virtual or zoom meeting. At 69 my ALS started lightly one year ago and now my arms especially the right arm is very weak along with strong fatigue. I miss my violin very much. Please let me know if and when the virtual meeting will be. Thank you!