Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Amanda
      Keymaster

For many pALS, the first time they heard of ALS was from their doctor while they were getting diagnosed with ALS. For me, I heard about it when I was 11, and my grandfather was diagnosed. I was young, admired my grandpa, and I was absolutely clueless how those three letters would impact my life.

When was the first time you heard of ALS. Was it when you were diagnosed? When you heard about the Ice Bucket Challenge? Did you know about Lou Gehrig disease? Did you know anyone else who had/have ALS? How much about ALS did you already know?

Jackiekrnbsnals
      Participant

Those 3 letters I came across in Nurses training. I never did have a patient with ALS. I tucked the info way back in my memory and carried on.
      When my symptoms began ( won’t bore you) I read online, and read some more. Over these past months I’ve become well versed in those 3 letters. I see a Neurologist tomorrow. This will start the process of a diagnosis that will lead to good news, or bad.
      If bad, I’ll let you know. The Lord already allowed me to have a psychiatric illness of which I am already Medicare disabled.Too bad you don’t get double the $$ for 2 disabilities.! ;).
      Please send up a prayer for Jackie the Nurse from SD.
      Those 3 letters are a horrible curse. Thanks for your prayers.!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account