Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

We have a brand-new sub-forum called:  “Mobility Aides, Assistive Technology and Medical Equipment.”

Do you have a scooter, walker, rollator, wear AFOs (ankle-foot orthosis) or something else that helps you get around? Or, are you considering getting one? This is the place to talk about it.

Sometimes, the equipment that we need is not within our reach due to finances or inability to find suppliers. Come join this forum to find resources, discover products that will make your life easier, get tips and ask questions. Also, we can share information about tools and technologies that can benefit people with ALS. Or share your tips, ideas, suggestions and DIY solutions.

To help get us started, we’ve moved over a few related topics that were in other sub-forums and you are invited to comment or start a new discussion.

doug wilkins
      Participant

look up Solo Rider golf carts. I have been using one for 6 months. it keeps me playing and its great for just getting around outside.  the seat rises up to help you stand and swivels to get you out.

Jackiekrnbsnals
      Participant

Is an UP Walker any better than a standard rollator or walker?

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

What is the “UP” ??

Bev
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have an upwalker for sale in Ontario Canada.  Its made in California. I had to go across the border to pick it up. Not available in Canada. If interested text me 519-988-9111</p>

Duane
      Participant

I have had custom AFO’S for a few years and they always create pressure sores at one or two areas on my feet. My main problem is foot inversion of both feet.  I will be getting new ones soon from a different clinic and will address these issues.  My PT says sores are common with wearers.

Duane
      Participant

‘UpWalker’ is just a brand name. There are many similar ones on Amazon and elsewhere.

Mary Tiknis
      Participant

I have found that the higher walkers that keep you up right do not work outside every bump  that you encounter makes the upright walker tip I like the lower Rollator is much more convenient and it doesn’t tip when you’re walking outside

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account