Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

My husband just received a notice from the VA that at the end of January they will be offering the 4th Moderna vaccine shot to VA members and spouses.

When I researched information about recommendations for a 4th “booster” I read mixed opinions. Some recommend it for immunocompromised people, others say wait for a vaccine targeting omicron (maybe 6 months out).

What are you hearing in the ALS community about this?

Neil Meyrick
      Participant

you’re ahead of the UK there…  no 4th jab announced yet.

John Addy
        Participant

I am in a clinical study and can not do anything without checking with my study coordinator

Richard Maloon
      Participant

if offered absolutely. i pick science over voodoo

John Watson
      Participant

A 4th Covid shot or booster is being recommended in Israel for those over 60.

Klara Weis
      Participant

Dagmar, no notices here in St. Louis yet. But, on another note would you be willing to share your protocol to not lose your voice. My son was diagnosed 2019 and is starting to lose voice and I remember you told what you did a while ago.Some exercises. I should have written it down. Klara Weis

Dagmar Munn
        Keymaster

Klara, I would be happy to share what I’ve been doing to help keep me talking 😀 Rather than post my reply here in this discussion thread, I will gather ALL my information and links and start a new topic in the Living with ALS forum. (I’ll do that tomorrow, on Saturday) That way, more folks can read it and benefit 🙂

Jim Conner
      Participant

NOPE. I got the original shots a year ago, had Covid year and a half ago. I may have had it since, who knows. Call it voodoo or whatever, my wife got an auto immune disease soon after she got the shot with me. A number of people on a Mayo Clinic site stated the same. Gonna live with it as we do with other contagious diseases.

Kris
      Participant

My neurologist recommended that I get 2nd booster because he considers me immunocompromised.I’m also over 65. My husband and I both got 2nd booster two weeks ago. Our arms were sore for a couple of days and we were more tired than usual the next day but that was all.

Len Jax
      Participant

We got notice the second booster was available here in St. Louis and have an appointment to get it on May 2.  I had Covid before the vaccine was available, had all of the shots since they came out, and have had no issues with any of them.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account